Thursday, May 23, 2013

UPDATES

The Vince and Ruth Fleming family reunion is still on July 13th at Bow Valley Provincial Park the east campground (Willow). I need a couple of volunteers to camp out there on the Friday night and the get us a nice big spot early - very early Saturday morning. I will need to get the final food prep. done and probably pick some items up on my way out, so I need volunteers. Gabie and Nicole were going to do it, but Gabie can't leave Manitoba until the 12th and I can't see them setting up the trailer in the dark. If no one wants to camp on the Friday night, then I would need a volunteer to be out there very early the next morning to grab the tables and hopefully a shelter. I haven't been there in a few years, they use to have three shelters and I think the one closest to the entrance would be great. I need some one to look into a tent (large) rental for that day. I had a lead but got no response as yet. Since I sold my house and have to be out by the 27th of June, and haven't found anything yet, I will probably need more help on from the Alberta side. I would also like to have a tentative head count by the end of May. I have been stock piling items and need to know when to stop. Michelle has offered (or so Nan told me) to do the kids games. So Michelle you are "it". In my world I would like to see some old fashioned races so we will need some gunny sacks (potato sacks), does some one have access to any? We will also need some men's ties for three legged races. Other than that I though a relay race would be cool. Does anyone have 3 or 4 pairs of diving/snorkeling flippers we could use? The rest of the relay race is a surprise! I would like someone to get some Bristol board to pin up all the family pictures you will be bringing. Please think of stories there will be a tape recorder floating around. Also, I would like to do a baby-now picture game. So, could you please let me know if you have a picture of yourself as a baby and one now that I could borrow for the day. That is all on that account for today.

The Fred and Hannah Fleming reunion is on the August long weekend in Stettler. That is the big wild one. I understand that we rowdy Flemings have been asked not to return to a couple of places, so think one big long party. There is a weekend charge for that one that will cover one large communal meal and to keep the hot dog pit going. I think my Gregg ate about 4 dozen one year and he was only about 9. They also usually have baseball, golf, sometimes skits or singing and a whole lot of visiting going on. I have called my contacts for info and should have that in a few days. I will post it here. In Stettler there will be hotels/motels available for the non-campers and I will assume there will be a campground involved as we always do those reunions at a campground. So those are the updates thus far.

Enjoy your weekend.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment